April 28, 2011

Another wait...

Meps, gotta love em'!! 
Meps is where you go when you take your ASVAB, your physical test, pick your Navy career and swear in. 
Well, this pass Wednesday, I drove down to watch Dylan, swear into the Navy. I arrived at 9 am in hopes of watching my incredible man commit to something so wonderful and gracious. 
I had went to a couple of stores the night before in hopes of picking out the cutest, but manly man shirt for Dylan to wear, when he swears in. I found the perfect one! I wrapped the shirt up with red white and blue tissue paper, I bought some red roses, one of those little American flags you put in your lawn, and a white star balloon. It turned out to be the cutest little gift bag ever!! Anyway, when I arrived to Meps, I had patiently waited for Dylan, to finish his weigh in. As I was waiting, of course I had to use the restroom, as I went up to ask the soldier at the front desk, I overheard him talking. This guy was going through a list of people, telling them if they were in or not. Every single person he had listed, accept two, was disqualified. Wither, it had something to do with to many school suspensions, or a skin disease, or couldn't do the duck walk, almost every person got disqualified. The Navy is strict! But when they said Cantrell, I put my fist in the air and said whoop whoop. (He was not disqualified) 
As Dylan, finally, came out and sat with me for a little bit, they had announced that there was a flood in Tennessee, and it would be awhile before they could buy any jobs. Tennessee is where they base the buying of the jobs out of, so pretty much every state is calling Tennessee at once, you could said its kind of like competing. As that day went by, they finally told us we could leave, but we will have to come back in May, and my sailor will be offered a job. 

- Soon to be Navy wife