October 22, 2011

September 27th.

I haven't posted a blog post in about 2 months, which means a lot has happened since my last post!!
My beautiful Fiance left for boot camp on September 27th. I guess you could say until that day I never really processed that he was actually really leaving, that I would not see those mesmerizing eyes for 2 whole months, or see his smile that melts my heart or I wouldn't get to hear his voice, but a five minute phone conversation. That morning I walked in the Mmilitary processing station, it hit me! As soon as I saw his face, I broke down. Dylan leaving has taught me a few things, not just on our relationship, but also on life. It taught me what patience is, what it feels like to really miss someone, not to take someone for granted, and also, the time we spend together should be cherished. I love my Sailor, and I am so proud to be apart of this journey.

Dylan before he left for
boot camp.